- Read for a minimum of half an hour each evening.
- Complete two reading log entries each week.
- Your entry should include the title and author of the book.
- Write a paragraph including a brief summary, and some of your thoughts about what you have read.
Thoughts may include:
- Why you like or dislike this book.
- Text to self, text to text, or text to world connections.
- Questions you may have, or anything that confuses you.
- What kinds of feelings does this book bring out in you?
- What you wold do if you were one of the characters...why?
- Any advice you would give to one of the characters.
- What you would change if you were the author.
- Something you learned.
- Your favorite or least favorite part of the book...why?
- What is the theme of the book?
- Why or why wouldn't you recommend this book to a friend.
Here is an example of Aiden's reading log from today:
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid - The Long Haul
The Heffley Family is going on a road trip. None of the family was expecting it when there mom said “we're going on a road trip”. None of them want to go except there mom. I think that its unfair because shes the only one who wants to go. And she only lets them go were she wants to go. AND she doesn’t let anyone bring anything to entertain themselves on the multiple hour car ride. It feels like she doesn’t let anyone do anything. its like she has control over everyone.